Mushroom Kingdom Showdown Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mushroom Kingdom Showdown Boards

The Mushroom Kingdom Showdown Boards in a forum about the Mushroom Kingdom Showdown fangame made by WwwWario. This also has offtopic subjects like WwwWario's games.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MKS v0.9 backroom discussion

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
KnucklesSilver7
Gold Mario
Gold Mario
KnucklesSilver7

MKS v0.9 backroom discussion Empty
PostSubject: MKS v0.9 backroom discussion   MKS v0.9 backroom discussion EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 3:52 pm

At long last it's here. Let's start off with what you all want to hear: THE NEW CHARACTER

Midbus: While I can't really handle his poor mobility that well, he's still pretty good. His down special is amazing for offense, defense, and escape, something that the rest of the cast has yet to do. His projectile, however, is pretty counterpick heavy. On stages with platforms (Platform Castle, Peach's Castle, Jungle Japes, or even Forest Maze), it can be a good threat since he can summon up to three at a time. But on flat stages (Mushroom Plains, Fawful Arena, Galaxy Island), it's nothing special. His up special is also a decent anti-air option. His down tilt, while slower than Bowser's side tilt, is actually not hard hard to hit with. He also has fast attacks, and aerial that can combo into itself, and a lot of knockback orientation.

KBB: Somehow he felt nerfed. I heard a lot of good things about his new down tilt, but I have failed to see what it is (though I see potential in comboing d-tilt to jab). Also, while is projectile is pretty easier to hit with, I still don't like it. The arc is what I have trouble with, not so much the distance. You can hit larger characters, sure, but smaller characters (even ones like Toad and Koopa), you have no chance against them.

Dr. Mario: His firewalling game has worsened, apparently, as now it is easier to get your pills sucked inside the wall. However, the pills are indeed better than the original everywhere else.

Petey: With his d-tilt nerfed, his comboing has worsened, as it was the best in v0.8 (could combo dash attack-down tilt-Chomp Spin Jump). And with the nerfed F-tilt, it's hard to figure out who should be numbah one again, Petey or Waluigi.

And last but not least:

DONKEY KONG: New sprite is awesome! His size makes him harder to hit, and his buffed speed definitely makes him better than he used to be. Not only that, but now you can act out of his barrel roll faster than any other dash attack, and with the decreased lag in his normals, it's a much more viable option. However, while the lack of range doesn't really affect him that much, it's his projectile that hurts him. It's hitbox is smaller, the startup feels worse than it used to be, and it's still easy to outprioritize. I think along with turning around with it, he should be able to jump and slowly move around with it, but that's just me.

As for Mario Circuit, I think that it should be counterpick, but I'll let that be DA's call.
Back to top Go down
Ladsworld
Blazing Mario
Blazing Mario
Ladsworld

PostSubject: Re: MKS v0.9 backroom discussion   MKS v0.9 backroom discussion EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 1:56 am

Running at an opponent and into downtilt into jab is quite powerful, and petey is SUPER easy to hit with bombs. I dont see why KBB is Nerfed.
Back to top Go down
KnucklesSilver7
Gold Mario
Gold Mario
KnucklesSilver7

PostSubject: Re: MKS v0.9 backroom discussion   MKS v0.9 backroom discussion EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 11:35 pm

Ladsworld wrote:
Running at an opponent and into downtilt into jab is quite powerful, and petey is SUPER easy to hit with bombs. I dont see why KBB is Nerfed.
Down tilt to jab isn't really an official combo, but aerial to down tilt works. Down tilt still has the lag it had in v0.8. Though thinking about, the exposions in the bombs seem very disjointed, and since very few other characters have it, I guess it's an improvement. I just thought the distance was too short to hit anything, but it's not. Still don't think he's that good, though. Just needs a little change to be at least mid-tier, I sense potential that wasn't available in v0.8.
Back to top Go down
Ladsworld
Blazing Mario
Blazing Mario
Ladsworld

PostSubject: Re: MKS v0.9 backroom discussion   MKS v0.9 backroom discussion EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 11:41 pm

Yeah, He isnt amazing by ANY stretch of the word, but he is at least a little better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MKS v0.9 backroom discussion   MKS v0.9 backroom discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

MKS v0.9 backroom discussion
Page 1 of 1