Mushroom Kingdom Showdown Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mushroom Kingdom Showdown Boards

The Mushroom Kingdom Showdown Boards in a forum about the Mushroom Kingdom Showdown fangame made by WwwWario. This also has offtopic subjects like WwwWario's games.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dr. Mario's Special Attacks

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pegg128
Old-school Mario
Old-school Mario
Pegg128

Dr. Mario's Special Attacks Empty
PostSubject: Dr. Mario's Special Attacks   Dr. Mario's Special Attacks EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 7:30 pm

Dr. Mario is an interesting character, but I think he needs some changes to his Special Attacks.
Standard Special- Pill Throw: Basically, this is just a change, but make the Pills faster to throw, and have them do 2 damage instead of 1 with no flinching damage, like Fox's Blaster. Has varying pill colors.

Up Special- Pill Elevation: Basically the same move again, but make the elevation slower, and with less height, as Dr. Mario has less recovery power than Mario. Has varying pill colors.

Down Special- Virus Throw: Dr. Mario throws out one of 3 Viruses, in an Order: Red (Has less thrown range, but does large knockback and damage). Yellow (Is quick to be thrown and stuns the opponent momentarily), and Blue (Multi-Hitting).

Showdown Attack- Giant Pill: Dr. Mario releases a Giant Pill about 1/5 the size of the screen. It moves slowly across the stage in a horizontal direction doing multi-hit damage. Once it passes the edge of the screen, the Showdown Attack ends. Can be escaped easily on stages with platforms, but on a stage such as Mushroom Plains, this would probably be the best Showdown Attack in the game.

So. what do you think? Do you Dr. Mario mains out there hate my suggestions and want the Doc to stay how he is, or do you like my suggestions and think it's for the better?

-Pegg
Back to top Go down
ToniczeHedgefox
Dark Bowser
Dark Bowser
ToniczeHedgefox

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Mario's Special Attacks   Dr. Mario's Special Attacks EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 7:34 pm

I think his Up-Special is fine.
Your down special idea is good though.
SHOWDOWN ATTACK - Pill Storm: Same name but different thing. 2 pills facing horzontally with the width of nearly 1/2 of the screen fall down until hitting land. Once hitting the floor it disappears and 1 starts first and 1 will appear once the 1st one is gone. This Showdown attack is useful unless the stage has floating platforms.
Back to top Go down
https://themksboard.rpg-board.net
Pegg128
Old-school Mario
Old-school Mario
Pegg128

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Mario's Special Attacks   Dr. Mario's Special Attacks EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 7:36 pm

ToniczeHedgefox wrote:
I think his Up-Special is fine.
Your down special idea is good though.
SHOWDOWN ATTACK - Pill Storm: Same name but different thing. 2 pills facing horzontally with the width of nearly 1/2 of the screen fall down until hitting land. Once hitting the floor it disappears and 1 starts first and 1 will appear once the 1st one is gone. This Showdown attack is useful unless the stage has floating platforms.
I like your Showdown Attack idea, too! Both would be interesting to see.
Back to top Go down
Dfrthyui
Brawling Mario
Brawling Mario
Dfrthyui

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Mario's Special Attacks   Dr. Mario's Special Attacks EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 7:52 pm

I see, good ideas.
Back to top Go down
KnucklesSilver7
Gold Mario
Gold Mario
KnucklesSilver7

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Mario's Special Attacks   Dr. Mario's Special Attacks EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 2:35 am

I like the idea of the new down special, though in a game like MKS, unless if you're Peach or Diddy (which even then the horizontal movement in Diddy's up special is pretty lackluster) then recovery isn't a big worry because some stages have walls in them to prevent from dying, and I think only Galaxy Island and Jungle Japes have bottomless pits that you can die in. Dr. Mario 's new up special is actually better because you're a lot less vulnerable when in your helpless state, it allows for more horizontal movement, it's a better escape option, and depending on where you hit your opponent it can rack up to about 8 damage, which is pretty high for a character like Dr. Mario . If you ask me , Shadow Mario needs a new up special because why give Dr. Mario a new up special and not Shadow Mario ?
Back to top Go down
Dfrthyui
Brawling Mario
Brawling Mario
Dfrthyui

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Mario's Special Attacks   Dr. Mario's Special Attacks EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 12:33 pm

We still only have Mario smileys...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Mario's Special Attacks   Dr. Mario's Special Attacks Empty

Back to top Go down

Dr. Mario's Special Attacks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mushroom Kingdom Showdown Boards :: MKS Discussion :: Ideas and Suggestions-
Jump to: